Life's a Journey

Life's a Journey

Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

If you live in Wayne, NE or anywhere close you prlly looked out your window this morning with a shocked look on your face with all the snow, unless you watch the news and knew it was going to snow. The crazy thing about Nebraska weather is one day it will be nice then the next it will change completely! Yesterday was such a nice day. All you needed was a light jacket. Now today I will be putting on my winter jacket, gloves, a scarf, a hat, and my hood up so I don't freeze on my way to work tonight. Whenever snow falls it always gives me the feeling of Joy because I know Christmas is just around the corner. But I tend to only like snow if I can enjoy it inside and not have to go out in the freezing cold. :) If this world was perfect, in my eyes, it would only snow on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Not the crazy blizzard snow but the calm snow that falls straight down to the ground with big snow flakes. But this is not a perfect world, nor is it mine so that doesn't happen often. 
I really wish I was home right now because I know what my mom would do in this situation of snow falling....she would make me hot chocolate....which is always the best! :) I am so thankful for Christmas because it is the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I can't even image what Mary was thinking or even going through at this time in her life. She had to have a lot of faith to listen to the God and be obedient. The same goes with Joesph. He has a choice to publicly show her to the people and they would have stoned Mary for being pregnant outside of marriage but he was a man of the Lord and followed the Angle of the Lord. 
This brings me to mind about my faith and if I am following the Lord in every aspect in my life. Am I really listening closely for the Lords voice and being obedient? It makes me ponder what plans He has for me if I would only take the time and listen and rely on him to see me through. The new year is coming up and I am preparing my heart to go anywhere He leads with no question!!! Just image if we all would do the same! What would this world be like? Will you take part with me and lets be ambassadors for Christ Jesus this up coming year. Lets change this world one person at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment