Life's a Journey

Life's a Journey

Monday, December 20, 2010

Young and Restless

You are not young forever...although some may think that they will never grow old. Recently I have taken a whole new perspective on life and how short it truly is. I need to live for the now and not waste my life away with stupid things. When I spent the whole summer in San Diego, on a missions trip, I learned so much and grew a lot as a person. I experienced a lot of excitement.  My whole life I have been sheltered and was always afraid to go out and experience the world and step out of my comfort zone. But with a little taste of the world, I want to experience it more while doing the work of the Lord.

I am only young once. This is the time of my life where opportunities like going on missions trips are obtainable. Once I move into my own place, graduate from college, get my first real job, and get married....the opportunities are slim. When you get into life and settle down that is when you get heavily involved with your community and home church. This is why I want to go to East Asia and San Diego. It only seems logical.

God has given me a gift. That gift is the gift of evangelism.  When I talk about Christ and share his love its like something inside me revives my heart back to life. I would be a fool to keep this to myself and to the people whom live around me. God has called me to higher places to reach the people whom he loves but do not even know him yet. The Son of Man came to seek to save the lost. I should be doing the same thing. I do not know where the Lord is going to lead me this summer or even over spring break. What I do know is that I want to be serving the Lord in different place while I have no strings attached. 

No comments:

Post a Comment